Weileys Hotel

Timeline Links

Weiley's Market Hotel, built 1909.

Extracted from one of our Publications:

"Grafton and the Early Days on the Clarence"

WEILEY'S HOTEL

Weileys Hotel was first established in 1889 in South Grafton and called The Globe. Mr Weiley later bought the Willow Tree Hotel in Pound Street and in 1898 the Market Hotel. This was a single-storied building that was destroyed by a disastrous fire in 1908 and rebuilt as it stands today. The family is thought to have had the oldest continuous family licence in Australia until 1981, when it passed to other hands although the building is still owned by the family.

 

 Clarence River Historical Society Inc. PO Box 396, Grafton, NSW 2460

|Home| |About Us| |Research| |Publications| |Newsletter| |Links| |Membership| |Timeline| |Contact Us|